Tuesday, March 16, 2010

New to this, but here we go

So, after watching so many friends start blogs and being a loyal follower of many, I have decided to jump on the blogging bandwagon. I love reading about my friends (and even people I don't know in real life) lives. It's a great escape from my own life...on "those" days.

To document for myself and for those of you who will be coming along here is the status on the Feenstra's. Matt is working at Kaiser and enjoying it thoroughly. I am at home almost full time with Brooklyn and even though there are plenty of days I take it for granted, I love every moment with her, even the challenging ones. I love snuggling with cheerios and milk in my bed when she first wakes up, putting her down for her nap, play dates at the park, even going to Costco can be an adventure. The best part of our day is unanimous, anxiously waiting for daddy to walk through the door!

B is now almost 19 months old. I really can't believe how fast it has gone by. I see a newborn now and coo over how precious they are because I can hardly remember what it felt like when we first brought her home. Alas, she is quite the toddler these days. She RUNS, does not walk anywhere. Sufficed to say we have a lot of "bonks" in our house. She doesn't seem to mind too much, she stands up and does the "shake it off dance". She can repeat almost any word and is stringing several two word phrases together. The latest is "mommy's _____" she will look at me and say with such enthusiasm and declarations "mommy's hair!" like she just noticed I have hair. It never ceases to make me laugh.

So that's us as of today. More to come, so stay tuned.

5 comments:

  1. Yay!! I'm so excited to follow your blog and stay up to date on the happenings of the Feenstra Fam :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you guys! This is great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lauren, welcome to the world of blogging!! I am so glad you are doing this, and don't forget to post pictures along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking of this too for so long. Way to make the jump! I love hearing all your stories. Love you friend.

    ReplyDelete