Brooklyn has an announcement...
Matt and I are expecting! We are pregnant with our 6th precious baby, and as you can imagine this fact alone makes for this journey to be a long, but miraculous one. We have chosen as always to keep it quiet until we saw the heartbeat. Matt met me at the perinatology office today at 1:45, where we anxiously awaited our ultrasound. We walked that familiar walk back to the ultrasound room, I laid down on the table and we waited some more. Our US tech came in, and the scan began.
I have been a ball of emotions this past week, knowing that this appointment was coming up, and remembering all the many ultrasounds, good and bad, I have lived through before. Memories are such a powerful thing, they can bring us closer to something we have begun to forget, they can be a catalyst to some very scary and fearful thoughts taking over, but mostly they let us savor and remember. For me, I have been remembering all of my babies that I will never know on this side of heaven. How God's will was written long before my prayers and pleading to Him...but my prayers still went up, and in turn my love and understanding of just how powerful and awesome our God is grew exponentially.
So, there, on that screen in that quiet room was our 6th baby. Relief washed over me, and I looked over at Matt who had tears in his eyes. We smiled at each other and the tech said those three magic words "there's the heartbeat". Thank you Lord.
I am due November 30th. This baby was a bit of a surprise, but the best gifts are surprises! I can't help but think this was God's way of taking the premature worry from me.
We will go back in 3 weeks for the nuchal translucency scan and from there, I'll probably be seen once a month or so. I am still early, about 8 1/2 weeks, so please pray with me for the health of this little one.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeletePraise God!!!! What WONDERFUL news!!! I'm sooooooooo incredibly happy for you guys and we will be praying every day! We love you!!!
ReplyDeleteYay!!! Congrats, I am so happy for you Lauren. wishing you peace of mind as you go thru the next several months.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you made the public announcement early. This truly is something to celebrate! xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteThis is such wonderful news Lauren & Matt. God is great! We will definitely be praying for you all. Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful blessing with us! Hope to see you all soon. xoxoxoxo
ReplyDelete