My poor sweetie. After a horrific weekend at home consisting of vomiting and high fevers, I thought we were feeling better on Monday, only to have her cry all through the night on Monday night. I ended up bringing her into our bed for the first time ever and let her sleep with me until Matt got home from school. She was up crying in pain every 2 hours or so. We went to the doctor's office first thing this morning only to find out she has a double ear infection (full blown) and pneumonia! On top of that, whatever she had over the weekend was a stomach virus that caused her to throw up and a 104 fever. Seriously?? That's too much. Breaks my heart when she's sick like this. So, we are resting, drinking lots of water, taking antibiotics and she will not let her binkie or blankies out of sight. She has started liking the show "little einsteins" and that is ALL she wants to watch. She wanders around crying "ayysteins" over and over.
The plan is, we are going to see how this ear infection goes, and then visit with an ear noes and throat doctor to talk about tubes. The pediatrician we saw today said there's no point in doing them right now because we are coming out of cold/flu season and they typically only last for 6 months, but if she starts this pattern over beginning in the fall that will probably be our only safe option. I am just not comfortable with how easily and massive these ear infections seem to come on. Better safe than sorry when it comes to hearing.
On a lighter note, tonight is Matt's last night of class!!!!! Wahooo!
Poor little Brooklyn! She looks so sad. I hate when they are sick. I hope it stays away from you!
ReplyDeleteawe... poor baby girl :( But congrats to Matt!
ReplyDeleteI feel for you. You already know I'm a believer in tubes and when Brae was sick recently, he did not get an ear infection, whereas pre-tubes, he most certainly would have. (Our dr. said they last 12-18 months; guess they vary). But it's a decision each family has to make on their own. I'm here for you -- do you and Matt need a date night? Can we take B for you?
ReplyDeletePoor thing :( Let me know if there's anything I can do to help!!
ReplyDelete