Amazing to think this little needle filled with medicine is the "magic formula" that allows me to keep a pregnancy. It still blows my mind. So, each night I take one of these bad boys out, find an un-bruised section of my abdomen and inject.
I am 13 weeks today, and here is my little belly. This is how you look when you are pregnant at 13 weeks for the 6th time. I am NOT complaining, I am just clarifying that most people would not show this much this early (even with their second).
I am just so very grateful for this little babe.
There is a WHOLE lot going on in our lives right now. We are moving this coming weekend. In addition to this big change, Hurley is being picked up on Thursday to go live with a wonderful family. We agonized over this decision for months on end. Ultimately we realized that as difficult as it would be for me (since caring for him primarily falls on me) to have him at this town house with no yard, it's not fair to him either. We are going to have a baby and toddler soon, Matt is going to be back in school full time and without a yard to at least let him go wander in it was going to be a daily grind. I don't want that, and I don't want that for him. So, I have been crying for the past few days because I am going to miss him terribly. Brooklyn is going to miss him so much. She loves her "bubba dog". The family he is going to has two kids, ages 10 and 3, the husband works from home 3 days a week and they live on a 1/3 of an acre. He is going to be in heaven once he's adjusted. Here's the "God" part of it. When I was asking them all of my questions, one of my main ones was "what kind of dog were you guys looking to get" because they had been talking about a dog for years, but the husband just hadn't been on board. The only kind of dog they really, really wanted was, yup, a chocolate lab. Tear. The husband said to me "so when Jen (the wife) called me and said there was a chocolate lab that needs to be adopted, I said "when God calls do you take a message" ". Meaning, he knew it was God's way of saying, take him, he's meant to be with you. I loved and appreciated that.
I was the same way around that time with Colin. You look fantastic!
ReplyDeleteYou look beautiful, Lauren (as always!). I know things are crazy right now...but just think- in a couple of weeks when everyone is settled in their new homes (you guys and Hurley), life will start to feel a little more normal :) Love you guys!!
ReplyDeletewhat a great little story. i know that this week is crazy, which is why you need to come out with us friday night to celebrate kristin's bday and have some cheesecake. ; )
ReplyDeletei love you so much. you are a great mama -- to this unborn baby, to brooklyn, and to hurley. he knows that. and you can still have an "open adoption." xoxo
The injections are appropriately named... LOVEenox
ReplyDelete