The first time she successfully went pee I jumped up and down and cheered so hard I think I freaked her out a little. The timing started off a bit rocky because it was the week of the wedding that we pulled the trigger, so there were times where I just wanted to put a diaper on her. She has only been wearing a diaper at nap and bedtime for over a week now and she wakes up dry from nap time!! So, the name of the game is CONSISTENCY. This weekend we were out running errands and had to stop not once at a McDonalds, but twice because our little lady had to go potty. Both times were false alarms, but we have to give the benefit of the doubt. By the way, McDonalds bathrooms are disgusting. Just fyi :)
Next thing on the to-do list is get rid of the beloved binkie, but I'm not going to rush it. She LOOOOVES her bink. I mean, L.O.V.E.S it. Our new thing is to snuggle on her bed when she wakes up in the morning. I come in , and the first thing she says is "mama, you wanna snuggle with me for a minute". Awww. So she get's to hang onto her bink for a few more minutes and we talk and I rub her back. She's no dumbie, I know it's her secret agenda to hang onto that bink for a few more precious seconds, but I too am no dumbie and will take the snuggle time whenever I can get it :) even if it means letting my daughter work me.
Go Brooklyn! I love her cuddle statement!
ReplyDeletei swear this girl is on life's fast track! ; )p
ReplyDeleteAhead of the game in every way. Good for you for being so diligent and persistent! Brae is still a long ways off. He likes to tell me AFTERwards when he went poo, and never when he has to go pee. Guess he just doesn't mind being wet. Oh, boys.
proud of you and brooklyn for MAKING IT HAPPEN! i'm sure i'll have all sorts of questions for you when we are ready to pull the trigger on the potty training front! congrats!
ReplyDeleteYay Brooklyn- what a big girl! And I don't blame you...I'll take snuggles anytime I can too :)
ReplyDelete