Tuesday, November 9, 2010

37 weeks...going on 40

Okay- the stats...

I am 37 weeks TODAY, which means I am full term. Yay!

Baby is measuring 39.1 weeks and 8lbs! Yowzas. Still in the 90th percentile, but, we'll see. They were off by more than a pound with Brooklyn.

I am fully 1 cm dilated, so made a tiny, tiny bit of progress since two weeks ago. She could feel the head, so I guess that's progress! At this rate, most babies gain a 1/2 lb a week, so if I went to term they are thinking this will definitely be a big baby, but we aren't concerned about that, it is what it is. Women much smaller than me have delivered much bigger babies :)

I LOVE my dr. I love, love, love her. She is just an amazing woman, who truly listens to each and every concern and question I have and ultimately she leaves every decision in my hands (within reason). She said if my body has progressed a little further by next monday she would feel completely comfortable stripping my membranes. I'm not sure I'm ready for that, but can guarantee I will be by 39 weeks.

I have had several wise women remind me that "they are easier to take care of inside than out" and it is so true. I am not in a hurry, just excited to meet our son or daughter. I want to savor these last days of it being just me and him/her.

Cravings: cheeseburgers and greek salad. mmmmmm.

Getting excited!!! and hormonal. Pray for my precious husband :-)

5 comments:

  1. mmmmm...cheeseburgers. If I lived up there I would bring you one right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my it's getting so close! So excited for you. Can't wait to hear the news of this little one's arrival.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMMM....Greek Salad. That's so funny, exactly what I wanted all day yesterday. I made the biggest salad last night and will be eating for the next week. Might go have some right now. Hang in there hun. You are going to be holding that baby before Thanksgiving, I know it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay, now i'm hungry. cannot wait to meet this little boy!!!!! ; 0

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see pictures of the new little one...I still admire you for your patience in waiting to find out the sex :) Miss you tons...and praying as always!

    ReplyDelete