Thursday, February 3, 2011

Matt and Warren

popcorn and a movie with daddy is the best!
matt and mini matt
I LOVE this face!!

Brooklyn has learned that mom and dad have names. She now thinks it's hysterical to call us by those names. Last night we snickered in secret every time she did. I was giving her a bath and matt was snuggling ben on our bed, brooklyn poked her head between the cracks of the open door and yelled "hey matt! watcha doing with benny?". I poked my head out and matt was dying laughing but trying to keep a straight face since we want her to call us mom and dad. At dinner she looked at us and said "hey! guys! matt and warren, look at me!". Excuse us, but we are mom and dad to you little girl! She's such hoot.

She was drawing on her chalk board the other night and drew the letter "A" crystal clear. She was SOOOO proud of herself, can you tell? :)


Ben is becoming such a happy baby and is learning how to sleep through the night!!!! Wahooo. The funny thing about all of this sleep scenario is that I prayed so hard for him to nurse and he is a PHENOMENAL nurser, but nursing babies tend to sleep shorter stretches. He goes down around 8 every night and then wakes at between 12:30-1:30 to nurse, then right back down til 4-5. Then he's usually up for the day at 8. We are definitely through the worst of the sleep fog stage. He giggles and smiles all the time and LOVES to watch and listen to his goofy 2 year old sister. I can't wait to watch them grow up together and see what kind of friendship they form.

2 comments:

  1. I love that first pic of Matt and the kids. How precious are those chubby cheeks on Ben. love him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ! i cannot wait until brae learns we are called something other than mommy and daddy everywhere else.

    ReplyDelete