Friday, July 15, 2011

tis the summer

I have been coveting a lot lately...

Everyone I know is either gone on vacation or just getting back, planning one or heading out for one soon. We have a few trips over to central OR planned, but that's about it for this summer and I definitely have the travel itch. I want to hop a plane and head down to cali or the east coast to visit fam or go to disneyworld with the kids, hawaii or bali with the hubs, australia for a surf trip, grand canyon, ect etc.

The reality is, we don't have the money for lot's of extravagant trips or the will power to make them with a two (almost three) year old and a 7 month. It sounds wonderful and relaxing and exotic, when in reality it would be terrible.

So, tis the summer to stay at home and enjoy this wonderful life I've been blessed with. We'll go to the pool, bbq on the patio, pick raspberries, chalk out front, play in the fountains, enjoy the concerts in the park and take a few road trips! I know there will be a day that matt and I will be enjoying that european vacation and look back nostalgically at these days of hunkering down, living on a tight budget and just enjoying our babies.

2 comments: