Sunday, November 20, 2011

after church drive home conversation

Me: So, when I picked Ben up from the nursery they said "wow, he's a busy one". Remember when he was born and we thought he was going to be our mellow, easy child? Maybe we need to go for #3 so that we can finally have that easy baby, #3 would have to be easy right?

Matt: No, #3 would be even harder, the hardest of them all. You are being fed lies, and don't try that jedi mind trick stuff on me lady, it isn't gonna work.

Me to Brooklyn: Brooklyn, what do you think, should mommy and daddy have any more babies? Would you like to have another baby in the house?

Brooklyn: (with the most serious tone ever) God made our family, no more babies mom.

Me: You don't want another brother or sister? That would be fun wouldn't it?

Brooklyn: No. I don't want anudder brudder or sister. No more babies.

Matt: Good girl Brooklyn, you speak the truth. I love you sweetie.

Me: Well, thank you all for your input, however, I will be making the final decision :) (totally joking)

Matt: It's like living with a dictator, our opinions will be heard, but they don't really matter. It's three against one...but our votes don't count. :)

I was laughing so hard I had the hick-ups.

*** We are not planning for any more babies, sometimes I like to tease Matt about this. I just never want to forget this conversation though because it was SO funny to have Brooklyn's teeny tiny 3 year old voice tell me "God made our family, no more babies". My husband is also the funniest person I know.

1 comment:

  1. ha ha ha! matt is also one of the funniest people I know. And... news to you all... GOD will be making the final decision. xoxo

    ReplyDelete