He is done with school!! For a month (ish). He'll have to start reading for the next class at some point, but for right now, this very moment he is DONE. This last class was a doozey. It always seems to work that way, the class before spring break, his August break and this were all equally challenging. It didn't help that work was equally as stressful this past month, so we are feeling super blessed to have this time to just sit and do nothing if we so choose.
Brooklyn just this morning said to me "mom, am I a king?" I said "no, are you a princess?" and she replied "I'm daddy's princess". Melt my heart.
While we're on the subject of Brooklyn, the things this girl says. She asked me yesterday when santa will be coming from the North Poland. She has been singing the Christmas song "In Excelsis Deo" like this "gloooooooo- ooooooo- orrrr- orrrrrrrrr- orrrreo, is it's chelsea's dago?" hahaha! The first time I heard that, which was in the bath, I started crying I was laughing so hard. Her little voice was adorable.
We went to dinner last night with Chuck, Lisa, Buff and Jack. Lisa was sitting next to Brooklyn and B wanted to try on her wedding ring. So she's holding it and admiring it on her teeny tiny hand. I looked across the table and said "why is that ring so special to grandma lisa, what does she have it for?" and she looks over and says "It means she married....that guy!!" pointing to grandpa :)
She also told me lately that "mimi and papa said I can lick some people". ???? I emailed my mom and she said, "mimi told her she can't lick other people, but can lick her hand like a kitty". She is really curious about licking. Don't ask, because I don't know. There are no licking fetishes in this house that would explain this new found curiosity. She will ask me if she can lick something and if I say no she'll start looking around just naming other objects to see if I'll say yes to any of them. The other day I gave her my blessing to lick her rain coat and you would have thought I gave her the moon! I'm just trying to keep it clean and prevent her from being that kid at school that get's sent home with a note saying "please talk to your daughter, she keeps licking the students".
Matt and I got a date night last Saturday. My parents came and stayed with the kiddos so we could use our gift certificate to the Grand Hotel before it expired at the end of the month. We checked in, went for a long run, went to dinner, did some Christmas shopping, met up with friends for drinks and went to bed and slept through the night! It was so nice to have that alone time :)
| Love this man so much |
| :) Drinks with Tygh and Britney |
licking?!?! ha ha ha!
ReplyDeleteSoooo funny!!! You must giggle at the things she says all day long. Cute picture of you 4, miss you all.
ReplyDelete