Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Napa in pictures

We did it!! We survived our first long road trip with the kids. People have been asking me what prompted me to want to drive to Napa for Thanksgiving, it was a decision I made right after having Ben last year, while he was just a ball of squishy, sleepy baby. Oh, how much can change in a year! The trip was a whirlwind with a preschooler and toddler. The driving itself was an endurance test, but once we were "there" wherever there was along the way, everyone adapted very well given the circumstances.

The bummer was both kiddos got super sick with chest colds. Brooklyn caught whatever Ben had, and then Ben's cold came back with a vengeance. There was lot's of coughing, occasionally so hard they would puke, but no one seemed to mind too much while we were out and about having fun.

Matt and I did have the opportunity to sneak away for a beautiful drive and wine tasting on Friday afternoon (thanks mom, dad, ashley, claudia and bill). They say it takes a village...so true while away from home :)

B & B bathing in Paris (our "Inn" in Ashland)

Benny's actual birthday, dinner out- he was in the foulest mood ever, so no pics of him :(


We got to see our friends the Thurmonds on our way out of town on Wed in Ashland, B & Finn goofing around

Sweet Megan




Lot's of roadside pit stops :)

Heading to meet all the "cousins" at the Embassy Suites hotel as soon as we got there. B had a blast swimming with the older kids!!




Caitlyn, B and Allison

Me and my wonderful Aunt C (and the gracious hostess)

Benny adores his papa (at least when he can't see his mama)

The whole fam-damily!

Our joke the whole trip was it was like rooming with rock stars. Ben would just thrash every hotel room, throwing food, slamming the phones around the room, pouring his bottle out on the floor like champagne. Matt kept giving new descriptions and had me cracking up the whole time.

Ahhhh, this part was bliss





Are you kidding me, look at this kid?!

On our way home we stopped in Davis to have brunch with some very dear friends, the Dunn's. I have known them since I was 14. This is Kylie with B, I used to babysit Kylie when she was Ben's age!!

She totally dug the chickens

Brooklyn, Kylie, me, Benny, Erik

2 comments:

  1. Ahh.. road trips. One day, you will look back at this and smile at all the great memories that were created. I promise you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun!! I'm jealous you got to see Megan! :)

    ReplyDelete