Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Jesus (a lot to be thankful for)

This past Monday night, November 19 at 6:30pm Brooklyn asked Jesus to come live in her heart.

She has been asking a lot of questions over the last few months about how people go to heaven and what things make God happy. We explained to her about the "prayer" we both prayed when we were young to ask Jesus into our hearts. Two weeks ago when she was asking some more questions Matt said "Brooklyn, whenever you are ready to ask Jesus to come live in your heart and be with you always, we can pray it together". She got really shy and said quietly "no, I'm not ready".

Before I got home on Monday night, she said to Matt "I have love in my heart", Matt said " who do you have love for?" B "God! Do you think that makes Him smile?" to which Matt replied warmly "that makes Him happier than anything".

So later that evening I asked her about their conversation and she said she was ready to say the prayer. All four of us snuggled up on the couch, holding hands. I can't remember the exact prayer, but listening to Brooklyn's sweet voice repeat her daddy's words made tears come streaming down my face. Truthfully Matt and I caught eachothers gaze right after she whispered "amen" and we were both so elated, eyes overflowing with tears. How blessed that moment was.

She has since told anyone and everyone in every which way she can think to say it...that Jesus is living in her heart.

Today at school was her Thanksgiving feast. The teachers always ask the kids what they are most thankful for. This is what her placemat read.

This brings tears to my eyes all over again. This Thanksgiving I feel we have a LOT (as always) to be thankful for.

The kids sang "God Bless America" before the feast began. It was so precious...however, I couldn't really hear anything on the video I took, so when we got home I asked her to sing it for me. Here she is. I could listen to this all day.


Happy **early** Thanksgiving. Tomorrow is not only Thanksgiving, but it's also Benny's birthday! My boy is TWO. Wow. So, more posts to come.

xo

3 comments:

  1. happy birthday benny! i can't wait to see you guys tomorrow! and i love little brooklyn! not at all surprised that she's once again - such an impressive little girl in sooo many ways!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sweetest voice ever! Love it!

    ReplyDelete