Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Mad World

Some days I feel like can rock this motherhood thing any time, any place, any where... And then there are days where I get home after grocery shopping with a fussy 2 year old and barely muster the strength to throw a pb sand which on the table, only to discover I'm rocking a giant hole in the butt cheek of my leggings.
Today was one of those days.
In light of what happened in Boston yesterday I thankfully have an amazing grip on "perspective". The perspective is- we live in one broken down, sad and scary world. I will never understand why people choose to speak unkindly to others, let alone murder innocent people (children included) but I know that in these moments God beckons is to pray and ask for Him to come down and be with us.
I was having a very emotional day on Sunday and in the car on the way up to meet Matt with just Ben in the car I Found myself uttering a silent prayer with worship music in the back ground. Ben pulled his binky out and said with his adorable stutter "wwwwwwhat God saying mama?"
If love to ask that question today on so many fronts.
Holding (once again) my family a little closer and much tighter tonight.

Here was the sunset on my drive home from teaching last night after some amazing thunder showers here in Portland. Makes you stop and ponder all the more. I choose to believe God is still good and just, even when His people aren't.

1 comment: