As most of you know, yesterday was our big 12 week ultrasound appointment to look more closely at baby. I am so appreciative for all your prayers over the last several weeks. I have truly felt peaceful, but there have been those moments where fear grips me, and the doubts creep in. I pray, get myself together, and think about how God has brought me through the "worst" before, and He and He alone could do it again.
Anyhow, the appointment went fantastic. Baby's heart rate was a strong 167 bpm, he/she is measuring about 5 days ahead, and the nuchal fold (the fluid behind the baby's neck) was measuring right in the normal range. There are many things such as the nuchal fold and nasal bone that can indicate a problem with the baby (we are far more educated on these matters than we would like to be) so "normal" is music to our ears. The baby was in there dancing around just like miss Brooklyn was at 12 weeks. What a beautiful sight.
Next appointment is in 4 weeks! Time is already flying by. Yikes.
if brooklyn looks like matt, this one definitely looks like his/her mama! congrats!
ReplyDeleteWhew!!! Huge relief :D I'm so happy to hear this news and will continue to pray for you guys.
ReplyDeleteFantastic news :) We will keep on praying that things go as smoothly as they have so far!
ReplyDelete