Saturday, July 3, 2010

18 week check up

Hi! I had my BIG anatomy ultrasound last Wed (just a little over 18 weeks pregnant) and it went fantastic! I got in trouble for eating ice cream on the way to the appointment, because baby was going bananas in there. We ended up getting to watch him/her for about an hour. During that time it had the hiccups, sucked it's thumb, moved every which way, and then finally fell asleep. What an incredible thing, the ability to watch that while still in the womb. So amazing.

Stats: baby is in the 75th percentile for overall growth. Weight is about 10 oz, and measuring 5 days ahead still.

Baby looks great, I am feeling great and life is very, very good.

As for my first child. She is AMAZING. If I do say so myself :) She is talking in full sentences now; albeit fragmented. I was trying to recall when that piece of the puzzle entered the picture, and really it's just been in the past 2-3 weeks. She'll wake up and start talking to her lamb that has become her favorite stuffed animal. I'll go listen to her in the office, and she will carry on full conversations with him (or is lambie a her...not sure). "Hi lambie! Did you have a good sleep?" "wanna read a book?". Melts my heart. Then other times I'll hear her yell "no! that's my book". Not sure who she's yelling at, but we have most definitely entered the territorial two's. EVERYTHING is "mine". I am learning very quickly to chose my battles wisely. No point arguing with a toddler over the simple stuff. Hitting however, she knows will be the fastest route possible to time out. She'll look Matt or I dead in the eye and say "no hit dada" or "no bite mama", occasionally when she's really peeved, but knows she'll be totally busted if she hits me, she'll hit her own head and then say "no hit Bookin". What is so sweet though, is she looooves to kiss my belly. She will stop what she's doing, come over and pull up my shirt and say "kiss mommy's tummy, brother/sister". Now we're working on only doing that at home. She fully lifted my shirt in the middle of a restaurant last night to kiss my belly. Matt told me she wanted to kiss his belly the other day :)

My favorite Brooklyn ism's as of late:

Yesterday she pulled the movie "the big lebowski" off the bookshelf and came running over to me saying "look mama's it's papa!" pointing to jeff goodman. Ha! I laughed long and hard at that one.

A couple days ago we were at our mom's group at a park and Brooklyn saw a friend she hadn't seen in months, Victoria. After hearing her say it several times I finally pieced together that she was calling her "tortilla". So adorable! She was walking next to her trying to get her to come somewhere with her saying "come here tortilla". That one got another good laugh.

She's obsessed with all things baby, princess, silly music, books and the show Little Einsteins. What we have also discovered is she is listening to EVERY word we say (good and bad) and there is nothing she can't and won't repeat now. I let a bad word slip the other day (damn it) and quick as it came out of my mouth I hear my little parrot in the back seat "damn it!" "damn it mama". Eeeeek.

She has her father wrapped around her tiny, tiny finger. I love to watch them together. Matt can tear up so easily at the little things, which then makes me tear up. It's just incredible to watch this special bond flourish and grow. They went for a walk to the park the other day, just the two of them, and Brooklyn looked up while playing in the sandbox and said unsolicited "I lub you dada".

I did not know I was capable of a love this intense, and every day I just revel at what God made, and the fact that He made her for His glory...and trusted her to OUR care. Mind boggling. Okay, done gushing.

A few pics from Matt's birthday and baby profile.


3 comments:

  1. i laughed out loud several times reading this. so great. i am so thankful to be able to join you as your friend on your family journeys. they make me smile. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun memories!! Someday you'll look back and be SO glad you wrote these down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that little girl...such a sweet blessing to everyone (Finn misses her!).

    ReplyDelete