Saturday, July 31, 2010

Brooklyn-ism's


Our sweet girl is growing up so fast. She talks non stop. Anyone reading this knows that for a fact. I wanted to write a few of our recent favorite "Brooklyn-ism's" down so I don't forget. She makes me laugh.
She calls the bracket that attaches the rail to the wall going up the stairs a "fobie bobie". I dunno??

The other day Matt said "Brooklyn, come here, I need to change your diaper" and she turns on her heals and starts running for the stairs, and over her shoulder yells "I doooon't think so!" Not only do we have no idea where she learned this little phrase, but the way she said it was with such tude! Sassy sista.

In the car on the way to my dr appt last week, Brooklyn was looking out her window, marvelling at all God has made. She yells "look mama, the sunshine!", then as we passed a bank of trees and we were suddenly in the shade she said "bye bye sunshine. I LOVE the sunshine!" It was so precious.

At my dr appt, they brought in the speculum for my exam and she yelled at the top of her lungs "A shovel mommy!!". That one got a big laugh. Then while we were waiting in the exam room she heard a beep from a machine out in the hall and said "I hear it! I hear the dr appointment!". He he.

She also loves the phrase "no one gonna take your _____". She often yells "no, that's my baby" or whatever the object is that she doesn't want to share. Sometimes it's out of the clear blue sky too, no one is trying to take anything from her at all. So Matt and I often say "Brooklyn, no one's gonna take your _____". So she will wander around now saying "no one gonna take your ___". Yesterday when she woke up she had a STINKY diaper and the first thing she said to me is "no one's gonna take your poopy diaper". I laughed, kissed her and said "yes, I am gonna take that poopy diaper".

Every day she often asks to pray, sometimes at the most random times, but we stop what we are doing and thank God for all He has given, and then she says "pray ___" most of the time for friends. Sometimes it's for Ariel or Cinderella. It melts my heart. The smile that spreads across that gorgeous face when she says "AMEN" at the end is enough to make you forget even the greatest cares. She is such a light and our prayer as her parents is that she would always channel that passion she has for life into God's kingdom!

Sweet Brooklyn Michelle, you are the light of our lives. You challenge me every day, but I know you are going to do big things in this world and for God's kingdom because of your tenacious, determined, strong willed personality. I have never met anyone like you, and daddy and I like to think God blessed us with a child who has the spirit of two or three because we waited so patiently for you to come into our lives. We often look at one another and say "what did we do before her". We can't remember life BF (before Brooklyn) and never want to. The days all seem a little brighter and much more meaningful with you here. We are in awe of you. We love you.

B and baby waiting for the ultrasound machine :)

4 comments:

  1. Got chills. Love her and you (and matt too). had so much fun this weekend with you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you love her :) She's so blessed to have a mommy like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is going to read this blog one day and think "not only was I an energetic, hilarious, and sweet little girl, but I have the most amazing and loving parents!".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! She is such a smart sassy little women. Brook Brook!

    ReplyDelete