Saturday night Matt and I went to dinner and a movie. It was very nice to go out and be adults for a while, not to mention reflect on all God has done in our marriage in the past FIVE years. Love that man so much and so thankful to be married to my best friend. He would tell anyone that he's the lucky one, but secretly I know it's me that scored big time.
I am 30 weeks pregnant as of yesterday. 10 to go! Like I have said over and over, this has been such a great pregnancy thus far, no complaints, but it's going to be a trying last ten weeks physically with Brooklyn. Our dear friends the Brownlee's welcomed Alexis "baby lexis" as B calls her, into the world saturday night so we went to visit them at the hospital on Sunday. Brooklyn had a full fledged melt down, which broke my heart and terrified me! Matt and I just sat silently staring out the window the whole drive home, with the same thought running through our head "oh boy, is this how it's gonna be?". I have very low expectations for the first few weeks, and if it goes great, then hey- I'll take it. I just anticipate that it's not going to be easy, it's going to be a HUGE transition for all four of us, but especially Brooklyn. It's been just she and I during the weeks and to add a new person to the mix is going to take some getting used to- I don't know if you know this, but two year olds don't love to share :)
Here are a few pics from the Hood River trip. Such fun, even though we did not get a nap that day.
The first farm we went to, Draper Girl, was BEAUTIFUL!
The alpaca farm dog was very patient
Happy Anniversary!!! B may surprise you. E was great when Colin was born. We were shocked. Sure there were times where she was wanting attention but for the most part she was pretty well-adjusted to her little brother. If I may make one suggestion it would be to try and give her some one on one time. Even if you take her for a walk alone or something. I think that helps alot.
ReplyDeleteI love the picture of all the kids with the dog. Precious!! Congrats on 5 years :) Here's to another 50+!!
ReplyDeleteYay for 5 years!!!! Man, we've been through a lot since then, haven't we? Don't worry about B. I told you that Brae was not happy when I was holding Alexis yesterday either. Not a melt down, but definitely not enthused. I have every ounce of faith in you, matt, and her that you will find the "right" way to handle this new transition. And Jesus is righ there to help! (And so are we!)
ReplyDeletehaha i'm all for low expectations w/ #2 transition! i think she will do great though. happy anniversary to you and matt! great seeing you guys yesterday - we had so much fun! xoxo
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on 5 years- that's awesome! You're Hood River day trip looks like it was a ton of fun!
ReplyDeleteAbout B's new brother/sister...she'll be okay. It will be tough, I'm sure. I'll be praying for a smooth transition. Hopefully she'll just try to wrap the baby up like she used to do with Finn :)
I love you!!