lately...
We were reading the book "ears, ears" which prompted the conversation about what our body parts are each used for. "Brooklyn, what is your mouth for? eating!" "Brooklyn, what are your ears for? to hear!" "Brooklyn, what is your nose for? my finger!!" I have not laughed that hard in a while. The kicker is that she was sitting on my lap while Matt and I were asking her these questions only to look down and find her answering the question with her finger in her nose! I have a nose picker people. I think secretly her daddy would be fine if this impolite habit followed her to high school...as that would eliminate the worry about boys ;)
At the dinner table the other night Matt and I were talking and he called me "honey" during our conversation. Brooklyn looked over at me and said "honey, honey, it's okay".
Then on our way home from Grandma's on Thursday I hear from the back seat "umm, mom- I don't want to have dinner, I just want to have french fries". I have to write these things down because they are so funny, the fact that she was assertive enough to tell me that she doesn't want dinner, and to know that what sounds good is french fries!! Cracks me up.
I have been a sappy, emotional mess this past week. I am sure I was the same way in the last weeks of my pregnancy with her (although I don't remember), but it's like it takes over me some moments. Reflecting on how great God is, how miraculous this baby is, how miraculous any pregnancy is! Matt looked at me last night while the baby was literally trying to see how far s/he could stretch in my stomach and said "that is nuts, it is nuts that there is a person who could survive out here moving around in there". Nuts indeed. And crazy cool!!
Crack up!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the pregnancy pic... you look so great! and love the french braids... can't believe her hair is long enough for french braids! adorable. all 3 of you!
ReplyDeleteokay that painting is actually good! and good job on the french braids. and you have to be one of the cutest preggers i've ever seen. xoxo
ReplyDelete