Sunday, December 5, 2010

Adjusting nicely






Poor neglected blog. My priorities have changed, so here's a brief update. As of tomorrow Benjamin is 2 weeks old. Wow.

Brooklyn is doing great(ish), night time seems to be the hardest for her. She get's a little testy, but I think this is more of the strong willed two year old in her than the adjustment to having a baby in the house.

Ben is doing great. He is such a sweet, gentle little guy. He rarely cries, unless he's hungry or needs something. The hardest part is the lack of sleep, but I knew this would be the case. He's still nursing wonderfully and I am so grateful.

Brooklyn's been saying the most hysterical things lately, here are a few:
"I be right back!

Hey, wutch yoooo doing guys?

Oh, baby ben wants some milk

What's the matter mister mister

Ben needs his mommy"

She also likes to pull up her shirt and nurse her baby :) She'll put the baby on her chest and say "I need to feed my baby".
Tomorrow is my first day home alone with both of them. I have loved having matt home with me these past two weeks, but time to adjust to our new normal.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren, So glad to hear things are going well Brooklyn sounds like such a character!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're praying for you today...you will do great with your two wonderful kiddos, being the amazing mother that you are. Miss you guys- can't wait to chat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha! laughed out loud at brooklyn nursing her baby! hey - i just realized the siblings have the same initials! soo cool. ; )

    ReplyDelete