Thursday, December 9, 2010

poop, pee, spit up and LOVE

I am officially back in the swing of having a newborn. Can I just say, boys are so different than girls! I know this is obvious, but having now been peed on more times than I can count and changed more blow outs with this little man in the first two weeks than I did with Brooklyn in her first 6 months...it is evident I am entering a different world for good!

This first week on my own has had some high high's and low low's. I miss matt terribly, but am really too busy to dwell on it. The mornings are chaos, which makes them kind of fly by, and then nap rolls around, which I have yet to take part in because I'm either nursing or Brooklyn only takes a very short one. I am definitely experiencing a little hormonal imbalance (I don't like the sound of post partum) but it's more from lack of sleep then anything else.

This morning kind of sums my life at present up. Woke up, let B watch a show in our bed while I closed my eyes for just a few minutes more (both she and Ben were up for 2 hours last night and that's not including his other 2 feedings, that was just a solid two hour block they were both awake), came downstairs made breakfast (still have yet to even look at myself in the mirror, brushed my teeth or showered), disciplined B for having a full fledged tantrum, ate with Brooklyn while Ben nursed (yes, at the table, milk all over him, me and my lap) then got Brooklyn engaged in an activity and put Ben in his bouncy seat so I could do the dishes. 30 min or so later I brushed against my tank top (which I am still wearing from the day before) and it was wet, looked down only to find myself smeared in poop. Yummy. So, I am covered in poo, which means so is my son.



The funniest part is he didn't even seem bothered by it. He was just chillin in poo. The verse of the day when I opened my email was "So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless. "~ 1 Corinthians 15:58

Quite appropriate and no coincidence :)

3 comments:

  1. love the preview of what i'm about to get myself into in about 8 weeks :) i actually totally forgot about the blowouts!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha. i can picture all of this happening to you. ; ) i definitely had the "post-partum" thing after Brae and it was completely due to lack of sleep and lack of any kind of routine or schedule. hang in there, you know from experience it gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colin is 22 months and I am still amazed at how different boys and girls are!!

    ReplyDelete