Wednesday, March 16th at 16 weeks old Ben rolled over (noting this like his baby book so I can remember in time).
I was not expecting it AT ALL. He looked up to check out the tv and just flipped! I was kind of caught off guard because he has not made any effort during tummy time, let alone at rolling over. As the video shows mama was very proud and Benny was equally impressed with himself.
Another big thing happened in our house this week. Last night was Brooklyn's first ever night with out binky! A very close friend pulled the trigger after being scolded by the dentist for continuing binky use and it went relatively well for them, so I decided we were going to jump on that wagon and join them. She actually did great last night. Whined a bit, but was so exhausted from a fun day with friends that she just passed out. She didn't wake up once for it, but that was last night and tonight could be totally different.
We went to dinner at some friends house last night and I knew baby Alexis (our friends Kristin and Bobby's 6 month old) was going to be there, so I asked Brooklyn if she would like to give her binkys away since she is not a baby anymore and Alexis is. The key, I think, was talking about it A LOT. We kept dialoguing about how nice it would be to give her binky to someone who could use it and how much it would mean to Alexis and that in turn it would be a big sign that Brooklyn is a big girl now. I am kicking myself for not getting a picture of her gifting them off. It was adorable. She walked right up to her and said "here Krisin, Alexis can have my binky's because she's a baby". She grinned with pride. Awwww. I think I managed to cram another "secret" lesson about how it is better to give than to receive. That's the sound of me patting myself on the back ;-) kidding of course.
This morning while snuggling in bed with us, Matt and I were praising her for going the whole night without it and she started to cry and said "no, those are brooklyn's binky's...because their mine!" We quickly derailed the converstation about her beloved binks to having cheerios and milk instead.
Good job B! So, I totally smiled back at Ben when he smiled at the end of the video. haha
ReplyDeletewhat a gorgeous pic of her! and I LOVE the smile on ben's face after he rolled over. he's SOOOO happy to please his mama!
ReplyDeleteand GOOOOO B on losing the binky!!!!!! We've been binky free for about 5 days now, and although he asks for it occassionally, he mostly just wants to sing the Buh-bye binky song. You can do it, B!