I was in our room the other day folding laundry, matt, brooklyn and ben are in brooklyn's room hanging some pictures. I hear matt yell "brooklyn! get off your brother!" Brooklyn says "I'm just riding my cow!" most emphatically, matt "he's not a cow brooklyn, he's your brother...and you don't ride cow's you ride horses". Bwahaaaaaa. I was dying!
The other day brooklyn said "mom this is my most famous brother!" I asked her what famous meant and she told me it means "magnificent" which is one of her favorite words. Ice cream is magnificent, the color pink is magnificent, skirts are magnificent...you get the point.
Speaking of skirts: I went to peek on her like I always do before we head to bed a few nights ago. I very quietly open the door a crack, so as not to wake her of course.....only to find a little brooklyn silhouette crouched down on the floor in front of her dresser. I flip the light on and catch her red handed gripping skirts, yes that's right she was trying on all of her skirts! She must have been in there doing an after hours fashion show because they were all laid out in a line on her floor. Sometimes when I'm writing these stories I realize how ridiculous they must sound, but anyone who knows her knows I couldn't make this stuff up! She is just that much of a character.
And oh the will of this child of mine. I am embarrassed to tell you all this, but she is so strong willed that we finally decided to give in on this area. She is eating a frozen fish stick as we speak. Yup, a totally frozen fish stick accompanied by a cup of frozen peas. She insists that's how she likes/wants them, so after putting up a fight (talking about me) I finally caved and so, she eats a frozen fish stick and she sticks to her declaration...it's good that way.
love love this post! and i love that girl. i love these little stories. and yes, i think we both have strong willed children, and we wouldn't have it any other way. xoxo
ReplyDeleteI needed a good laugh today - Thanks Brooklyn
ReplyDelete(and I have to say... based on Matt's horse comment... the apple doesn't fall far from the tree).
Haha! I love that Matt tried to win the argument with logic. Awesome. And who knows? Frozen fish sticks could be the next thing. She's just forward-thinking.
ReplyDeleteNick literally said the other night, "I hope our son has as much personality as Brooklyn - that kid is hilarious!" I am so glad you share these stories. They are soo funny!
ReplyDelete