I divert. Today. Brooklyn had me in tears from laughter on more than one occasion today. We were getting in the car to go to a play date this morning and as I am loading Benny up she takes off to do something in the garage. I walk over and she's covered in chalk. Fabulous. So, I take her hands and wipe them on her pants but I know I was sighing or grumbling or something because she says "just calm down mommy, just calm down". That is what I always say to her when she gets all worked up over something little. Amazing that she knows the context to use that in!
I've been wanting to visit the Oroweat outlet down the street, so we went after our play date this morning. We're standing in the store and I'm talking "bread" with the clerk. Brooklyn is standing in front of me with a bag of some sort saying "mom, mom, mom" "mom, can we get these, can I have these". I said "just a second brooklyn". She finally got so frustrated with me she grabs my arm and looks me right in the eye with a serious tone and says "MOM! UNDERSTAND ME"! hahaha
The last one killed me. We are once again in the car (sure sounds like I'm gone a lot) and almost home. Brooklyn's new thing is to make her brother laugh while driving home. Music to mama's ears. They get each other going, he's cracking up at her and she's so pleased she's making him laugh that she's belly laughing too. Serious beauty. I divert again. So, they're back there laughing and she's making all these funny noises when she starts doing this really loud word over and over. I finally say "brooklyn, what are you saying". She goes "I'm saying NANNNC!!" me "you're saying Nanc?" her "ya, I'm saying NANNNC, you know, like your mom mimi!".
Oh my gosh, I was crying. Quick explanation. My mom's name is Nancy, my dad calls her Nanc. My dad is constantly hollering to the top of the stairs "NANNNC" when he has a question or is trying to get her downstairs. Brooklyn has obviously seen this enough that she was imitating him!
These pics have nothing to do with this post, but I snapped them the other night during some daddy snuggle time. She is SO smitten with her daddy. She asks him routinely when he gets home "so...how was your day today daddy?" or out of the blue she'll look at him after he's been home for a few minutes and say "I missed you so much today while you were at work". melt.my.heart.
She is pretty darn cute! out of the mouths of babes!!!
ReplyDeletei love your blog, but love that i get to hear many of these stories first hand. love you, friend.
ReplyDelete:)
ReplyDeleteYour stories and pictures totally make me smile :). Who needs a vacay when you have so much fun at home with your adorable family?!
ReplyDelete