Good golly, sometimes being a woman is the pits. Men do not have to deal with hormones, and hormones are generally no bueno.
August is such a roller coaster in this house. Luke's birthday/death on the 10th, anniversary of Michelle's death on the 20th and then Brooklyn's birthday on the 28th. It's just a LOT of stuff to give thought to in one month. You know?
I am feeling extra emotional today, maybe it's just a woman thing, maybe it's because I was up at 5:30 with my son who got some wires crossed on wake up time, maybe it's because God is beckoning me to spend a little more time nestled in His word today to find comfort. Whatever the reason, here I am spending lot's of time thinking about how much has happened in this humble life of mine in the month of August.
So here I sit listening to worship music, roasting veggies to make baby food, listening to brooklyn make food for her babies and animals (all of which are dressed in her dresses) and about to start a batch of cookies. It's funny how keeping your hands busy can bring comfort. I am savoring the thoughts about what Luke and Michelle are doing in eternity. I know they will be smiling down in a week when we celebrate brooklyn's third birthday (with cake of course).
Luke and Michelle we miss you so much. God has blessed our lives (as you already know) in ways we could never have fathomed with Brooklyn, Ben and Lisa since you left this earth. From my heart.
Hormones? What hormones? You seem completely normal to me. (That could be the problem...)
ReplyDeleteCookies make everything better. My best prayer times happen while I'm baking. If you need to get away, I have a bake-date with Betty Crocker tonight while David and Em have a daddy-daughter date. Open invite.
xo
thinking of you Lauren as you remember the sweet ones in your life. love to you friend!
ReplyDeletei actually thought you were a little down when we hung out on thursday - not "down" but just pensive. we didn't have a chance w/ all the kids to really talk so now i know why... love you friend. thanks for being so transparent - you are so very loved. xx
ReplyDelete