What a great week in Sunriver. Buff, the kids and I all packed up early wednesday and headed over. The drive took about an hour longer than usual, but that was to be expected with potty, nursing and lunch stops. I was so thankful to have Bethany with me.
The first night was a train wreck as far as sleep. Ben woke up every hour and then thought it was morning at 5am because our room was so bright. He was in tears, I was in tears and we were waking the whole house up. Not pretty. Thankfully Erin and Jonathan were gracious enough to swap rooms early with me, so the next night and I put the pac-n-play in the closet (don't worry, it was huge) and he slept SO much better!
Matt finished his final class before this august break with a bang and woke up at o-dark-thirty to come meet us friday am. He walked in the door, straight over to me, and gave me the biggest kiss! It was one of those moments where only the two of us knew the relief we were experiencing at that very moment. Vacation could officially begin!
We did lot's of playing at the pool, BBQ's, went for runs, evening walks, fed the deer (which brooklyn was stoked about of course), played games on the deck. It was a fabulous weekend. It was so nice that Erin and Jonathan were there as well, it's hard to only see them a few times a year, so we just soaked it all up!
 |
| pool time! |
 |
| benny hammin it up with grandma lisa |
 |
| bbq with my dear friend ang and her fam who were over for the weekend as well |
 |
| brooklyn's bff kali was in sunriver too so we had a pool date |
 |
| girl time getting ready for dinner in bend |
 |
| watching the helicopter take off at the airport |
 |
| brooklyn at the pancake breakfast at the airport |
 |
| benny with egg all over his face. true story, I had him in the bjorn and was carrying my plate to the table, didn't notice until we sat down he had nabbed a giant paw full of my breakfast and was shoveling it in his mouth. This boy LOVES food. I cannot emphasize that enough. |
 |
| The Kaber's came for dinner :) |
 |
| not the best pic, but had to post one of the braids. for some reason braids became the go to look for the week. perhaps it's because there was lot's of pool time and very little showering going on ;) |
Thank you c & l for hosting a wonderful weekend filled with great memories!! We are so blessed by our family.
loooove the pics. makes me want to pack up and go to SR RIGHT NOW! glad you're back though :)
ReplyDeleteYou guys SO deserve this break and this vacation! I am so glad you are able to spend such awesome quality time together!!! Love the pics - you guys all look super relaxed and happy!
ReplyDeleteSo fun!! Sorry we missed you guys this trip - maybe next time :)
ReplyDeleteLove the relaxed smiles. You so deserved it, and I'm glad you had fun!
ReplyDeletegreat pics. Love that pic of B and the helicopter. And her with bangs is a deadly combination! (And ps -- I'm all for sticking kids in the closet to sleep! bathrooms, too. ha ha!)
ReplyDeleteYay for Matt! I'm so happy you guys had such a fabulous week together :)
ReplyDelete