Thursday, September 8, 2011

thursday night

I may or may not be eating subway (with a side of m&m's) in bed with my laptop...at 9:07pm. It's thursday, and my man is gone. Matt's first day back to school after 6 weeks off is tonight. Miss him already, but what a wonderful break it was! It has given me fresh perspective on why we are doing this whole MBA thing now, and the ability to compartmentalize the remaining months into segments (i.e. broken down by which "break"- thanksgiving, Christmas, spring break) comes next. 18 months left in the program, but only 2 until our next break. 18 I'm not sure about, but 2 I can do!

We had ambitions of doing all sorts of projects on the house after we got back from central oregon, but bbq's with friends, parties for brooklyn and family time was way more fun. So, lot's of house stuff remains un-crossed off the to do list, but we made some great memories instead. My only goal was to send matt back into the 5 day work week with full time school on top of it refreshed. I am just so proud of him.
Also, we lost our marbles and registered for a half marathon up in the gorge on October 23rd. I'm actually really excited about it. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time.

In other news Ben is crawling like a mad man. Funny how quickly you forget what each stage feels like. I am sure I was much more neurotic when Brooklyn first crawled, I've found more things in Ben's mouth than I care to admit. Time to officially baby proof this house. He is getting faster and craftier with every day that passes. This afternoon I heard brooklyn saying "benny stop it, don't touch my poop poohs." He had followed her into the bathroom while she went to do her biz and pulled himself up on the toilet seat. I walked in to see him turn his head and give me that "look what I can do" gummy grin. So we all scrubbed our hands in nice warm soapy water.

Brooklyn starts preschool next tuesday.

3 comments:

  1. you are going to cherish that black and white pic of the kids FOREVER. it's so beautiful and a perfect snapshot of your life right now. adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Preschool?! Eek. Also, I can't think of a better reason for a to-do list to remain undone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the poo story! ha ha! i can picture it. ackk.... i cannot WAIT to hear what B thinks of preschool!!!! take lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete