Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter weekend

What an amazing weekend! Such joy, so filled with meaning. I loved listening to sweet Brooklyn answer when we asked her why we celebrate Easter. Her first response was "to get candy eggs and other treats". Umm, false, but still sweet :) She loved to hear (and was full of questions) about Jesus giving His life for ours "but why", "but why". She often says to me "Mom, I'm so sad that Jesus had to die" and I love to catch a glimpse of her face when I say, "yes, He did die, but remember, He rose again!" 

We started off the weekend with a Friday night service at church which was incredible. Then Saturday morning I took the kids to the zoo with two dear friends and their kiddos for the egg hunt and Matt enjoyed the morning of quiet to watch some of the masters.

The hunt itself turned into a disaster. Without going into the whole long story, Brooklyn was crying because she didn't find any eggs, so while consoling her, Ben saw his opportunity to make a run for it. No, seriously, I lost Ben at the zoo. He was gone, like record time, mock speed, no where to be found in the middle of a sea of 200+ kids. Total nightmare. Alas, we found him, and that's that. I cried the ugly cry, people were staring, it was a sight to see. The weather was beautiful though (that's all the bright side I have for this one folks).
Add caption
The sun was shining from sunrise on Saturday all the way til sunset on Sunday. This is unheard of in rainy Portland. So we took FULL advantage. After nap on Saturday we went to the park before we had a wonderful dinner with Chuck, Lisa, Jack and Bethany on Saturday night. The kids were extremely pleased with their Easter baskets and the egg hunt Jack and Lisa set up for them. 
B & grandpa going off to hide while the eggs were being dispersed


The "hunt" was so fun we re-hid them and did it a second time :)
Then Sunday we went to a wonderful Easter service at our new church (well, semi new, it was our first Easter there) where we were greeted by smiling faces we have come to love dearly, heard a great message, then headed home.


Brooklyn rocking her Easter gown
Benny fell asleep on the drive home, so Matt fed B lunch while I went for a long run in the sun. Ah-mazing!

Then we went to one of our favorite parks to let the kids play before heading to Cris' house for dinner with my mom, dad, ash and Bethany. Wonderful food, company and the kids were in great moods! I'm telling you, my children need a nice dose of the sun as much as I do. It just radiates through them (might have been the sugar from all the Easter treats too ;)



2 comments:

  1. LOVE her Easter dress. SO cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pictures! and yeah, the zoo trip was, well, it all turned out fine. that's all i can say. scary for all of us.

    ReplyDelete