Friday, April 6, 2012

happenings

Took the kids swimming today, they had a blast. Ben seems to follow in his sissy's foot steps in the fearless department. I kid you not, I hadn't even set my bag down and he had already darted to the pool. They swam non stop for 2 solid hours.

Yesterday we had the plumber come out to see why our hot water had suddenly turned ill (totally red with sediment, yuck) and got a rather unfavorable diagnoses. Corroded pipes. Ugh. So, lot's of new to do lists with insurance adjustor's, leak detection companies, appraisers and plumbers for second and third opinions.

I am so very appreciative of the man I married though. He calmly reassured me last night that nothing is too big or insignificant for our God and it's only a house. So very true. It's only pipes, only a house and in the end, even if it costs as much as we were told, it's only money. I keep thinking of the precious mama friend of mine who lost her battle with cancer last October, and I hear her words "don't take anything for granted, enjoy making your child's peanut butter sandwich, it's a gift". Perspective.

Brooklyn funny of the week. Benny got busted trying to climb on top of the toilet and Brooklyn came bombing into the bathroom and shouted "Benjamin Jose Feenstra! You get down!" ha

Wanted to share a recipe I'm going to try out tonight to go with our mexican lasagna. Doesn't this look amazing?! mmmmm.

Happy Easter weekend. He is risen!


Tex Mex Couscous
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup shallots, finely chopped
1 cup uncooked couscous (about one box)
1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes with chiles
3/4 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup frozen corn (mexicorn would taste good too!)
1 Tbsp lime juice
1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment