Sunday, January 20, 2013

28 to great check in and recipes

Well, we're heading into week three of "28 to great" and we're doing...great! I have so many amazing recipes that Matt has either created or found to fit in the parameters of eating healthy, raw, fresh, preservative and sugar free (mostly), wheat, gluten free YUMMY dinners.
 
He made a yogurt dip to accompany grilled salmon one night, it was incredible. So the following night we grilled chicken thighs, and made lettuce cups and used the leftover yogurt dip instead of cheese or another bottled sauce. I could eat these every day. Seriously my mouth is watering just thinking about them.
 
Grilled chicken lettuce cups:
Bib lettuce for the cups
Grilled chicken thighs with a little home made rub: chili powder, coriander, cumin, smoked paprika, oregano
Corn sauteed in coconut oil
Diced red onion
Chunks of avocado
Yogurt dip: plain greek whole fat yogurt, ginger, garlic, cilantro, lime juice s & p

 
 
The non creative nights have looked like this:
Not too shabby. Lot's of grilled or roasted veggies (above was butternut squash, brussel sprouts and asparagus), lemon chicken and some jasmine rice. Yum!
 
I have a few more Feenstra Faves that I'll share. We are looking and feeling better, but I'm not going to lie, working out 6 days a week and foregoing some of the loves of my life (cheese, sugar and BREAD) has been a crazy hard experiment in self control and discipline. I made the mistake of going to costco, hungry, during sample time. Ugh! I had to hold my breath and run through! I would love a giant pizza followed by a few slices of chocolate cake!
 
Two weeks to go!
 
Last week after everyone was finally feeling better I decided to take the kids spur of the moment instead of napping, to the childrens museum. We were there for 3.5 hours. They had a BLAST!!!! Brooklyn continues to show such love for animals. They have this vet clinic and it was where she wanted to stay the whole time. Caring for the dogs and cats. I love how much she loves and talks about animals. Such a true passion!
 
We were talking the other day about going to ride horses some day and she has mentioned to anyone and everyone she has seen since that "my mom is going to take me to ride a REAL horse". 
Ben playing with the animal cages
face paint fun
 
Grocery shopping
Yippppeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment