When we watch a show first thing in the morning you say "nuggle me" you love to snuggle. You and your sister often fight over my lap.
You still love trains, trucks, cars, and all other things boy. However, you also love to play dress up with your big sister who ropes you into games of "house" or "princess". You came out the other day wearing nothing but one of her tutus and dress up high heels declaring "I princess!"
I have to watch you like a hawk. You have lots of nick names these days. Your auntie Kristin, Dionne and Emily call you ALVIN. From Alvin and the chipmunks. I feel this one needs no further explanation. Your sister lovingly refers to you as "Mr. turd". We call you "curious Ben" and the most common one heard around here is BENJAMIN. Your full name, with no nonsense in our tone :)
The picture below is of you after you put your hands in the paint while picking your sister up from school, I truly can't leave you alone for a moment. You dipped your hands in the paint and then wiped them down your face. It's times like these that I don't know whether to spank you or hug you. You are such a turkey, but it's such a demonstration of your bright and gregarious personality.
A few weeks ago I gave you your vitamin (it's one of those hard chewable vitamins) and I came back in to find you saying "where it go? my nose?" and I paused, looked at you and said "Ben...did you put your vitamin up your nose?" to which you replied "yes! my vitamin in my nose!". Well, thankfully your dad was still home so he could hold you still while I pried it out with the tweezers. You'd really jammed that thing up there.
A week after the vitamin incident you and I were playing/cleaning in the garage while Brooklyn was at ballet. I came in the house to grab something (mind you the door was wide open so I could still hear you) when suddenly it got quiet. I realized I couldn't hear you anymore so I cam rushing out. Your Thomas ride toy was down at the end of our driveway by the street and you were NO WHERE to be found! No joke son, FIVE minutes later (and a lot of screaming and running around like a chicken with my head cut off) I spotted you in the neighbors yard across the street hiding from me. You had spotted the cat and apparently chased after it. I was so happy to find you I couldn't even bring myself to discipline you right then. That incident, I am confident, shaved a good 5 years off this old girls life.
On valentines day we met Christie, Noah and Natalie at the park for some play time. You ran down this giant hill that led to the tennis courts. You were playing on the path with your shoes for quite a while, just having fun all by yourself. Christie and I were perched at the very top of the hill so we had a vantage point to keep an eye on all four of you. I looked over to the play structure to watch your sister do the monkey bars and I turned back to see you...buck naked...running up and down the grass yelling something I couldn't make out. In the minute I looked away you had disrobed from your shoes, socks, pants, shirt AND underwear. I went rushing down the hill to hear you chanting at the top of your gleeful lungs "nakey boy, nakey boy, nakey boy". Child, you would spend every waking second naked if we'd let you.
Brooklyn:
You think "McDonalds" with the golden arches is called "Old McDonalds"
You recently learned how to swing across the monkey bars! This was a big thing! You tried and tried last summer, so to succeed at it this last time at the park brought a big smile to your face (and mine too :)
You have entered the stage of being fearful. You are very scared of the smell of car exhaust, you don't like to be left alone in the front of the house, you are terrified of the sight of blood.
Mimi found a box of my old ponies, barbies and polly pockets. You have been in hog heaven. The polly pockets in particular have brought you so much joy. It's been a lot of fun playing with these with you...and watching you enjoy them.
You had so much fun making your valentines with me this year. We went to Lowes and picked up some paint samples (stole this idea) and then put suckers in them. You wrote your name on every single one, and without complaining once might I add! Here you are showing off your handy work!
I feel like there are SO many other things you two say and do on a daily basis that I want to remember! I am going to try to be better about writing those things down here more often. I love you both!! You keep me smiling and keep me on my toes. xoxo- mom
such a great post from a mom in love. ; )
ReplyDelete