Saturday, March 2, 2013

Symposium

Matt's symposium was this morning at the main George Fox. I feel like I can't even write this post without posting the actual video of his speech. I can't possibly do it justice in my own words.

So, as soon as I get that in my hands I will upload it.

In the meantime, my cliffs notes will have to do.

Here was the quote he wrote to focus his speech around. He had this effortless way of bringing humor, heart and wisdom into every word he spoke. His topic was essentially talking about having the courage to follow something with such persistence and perseverance that you inspire others to have or find their dream. His main character...me. To say I am humbled...well, I'm beyond. He shared our story, but made it mainly from his vantage point. Holding my hand in the delivery room with Luke, letting me lead us down the road to healing after each loss, me giving myself the blood thinner injections after taking 9 different supplements in *hope* of having a healthy child at the end. He gave me all the glory, and left the entire audience with warm tears streaming down their cheeks. If you have never had the chance to listen to Matt speak or read something he has written as personal as our losses are, or his journey to going back to school or his parents divorce, then you cannot truly understand what an articulate and passionate person he is. He is the most amazing person I've ever know. Ever. But I digress, he used the story about me in our trial to have a family, as the example of what having a vision and following no matter what the cost looks like. His delivery was effortless, he looked at ease, confident, yet extremely in touch with the audience and himself. I was beaming through tear stained eyes the whole time.

At the end, he put down his notes and looked out across the stage to where I was sitting and spoke right to me, as though no one else was in the room. Expressing his love, adoration and respect for the fight I put up for our two children, for us. I truly had no idea this was what he was talking about, which made it that much more incredible to hear.

Matt, I would compare how I felt in that moment, to how you must have felt when you watched me birth our two perfect children. Wow, just wow. You are amazing my love. God has given you gifts which He is certainly going to use for His glory, just as he already has in the story He has given US. I love you!

ONE more class!!!!


getting ready to watch daddy
She was quite pleased to be there to cheer him on


3 comments:

  1. I have tears friend. You are truly an inspiration to anyone that knows you. Matt, can't wait to read this! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto... just read this. crying. love it.

    ReplyDelete