Thursday, March 21, 2013

Pictures, pictures, pictures!

I never want to forget this moment from today.

Ben hurried into the bathroom, naked, his little buns clenched together saying "I need to go POOPY!"

I pop him up on the toilet, he grabs my hands in his like he always does to balance. He then pulls his forehead to mine and says "mama, you my beeeeessssst fwiend".
I started crying I was so touched.

Other funny benny-ism's as of lately:
He pushed the crusts of his pbj across the table to me and declared "I don't yik my chan-chinch!"
He loves to make "jokes" like his sister does. A few nights back at the dinner table he said something we couldn't quite catch like this "I going to go get mine...CHEESE!!! Ahhhahahahah" He thought it was the funniest thing he'd ever said OR heard so he repeated it over and over and we were all in hysterics because each time he'd say it he'd get a little louder and then laugh a little harder.

He was running in circles in our living room and tripped, he almost landed in the corner of the table. Thank God he didn't. He picked himself up and said "dat was pwetty cwose!!"

My favorite things he says lately are: "fanks" (with that precious lisp) and "oh, sowwy bout dat"

Brooklyn had a "make up" class for ballet a few weeks back. So we were there in the afternoon instead of the morning. As we were leaving we passed a room where a teenage girl was doing a solo dance performance for her class. Brooklyn and Ben stood outside the door to watch. I look down at the doorway to see Ben has laid himself down on his belly, head resting in his hands watching this girl in awe. It was hilarious. For a total dudes dude, he sure loves to be one of the girls.


celebrating grams birthday
Brooklyn continues to love school, anything having to do with dance, clothes and animals. Here are a few outfits she's picked for herself over the past few months. I have to be sneakier about getting the picture because I don't ever want her to think I'm taking it to make fun of her, actually, it's quite the opposite. I adore that she LOVES and owns her sense of style. I know people from time to time question why I let her decide entirely what she wants to wear daily, it's simple: she loves doing it. To her it really is a way to express the mood she's in or what she feels like embodying that day. Yes, I would love to have a little more say just because that's one of the fun parts of having a daughter, but who am I to tell her what looks good and what doesn't at age 4? I look back on pictures now or at friends who have daughters that are 2 and realize she wanted to dress herself then! She is a strong willed little one.
love this girl

Choice for a rainy Tuesday: neon green socks, sparkly open toed sandals, pink sweat pants, Rapunzel night gown, grey blazer

A chill Friday night at home in the Feenstra house consists of a little cross dressing fashion show :) Yes, that is Ben's hat, polo, cord pants made into capris, and his kicks that are too big.
Trying on her Easter dress that Mimi bought her. Such a poser.

Trying on clothes in the brass plum at our mall mother daughter date last weekend.

This one I picked for her the other day. she HATES jeans, so this was a one time only sighting.
Here was a song she was singing for Ben and I at lunch after school on Monday. I love this precious girls heart and the love she has for our heavenly Father. What a treasure.
Here are some other pics I have been meaning to post for a few months
valentines day visit with Mimi and papa

all boy- he loved playing with worms
sweet girl showing off her dinosaur hat she made at school for dino week
love this, she was reading her "cook book" while lounging in the sun on the sidewalk


bff's
I watched my friend Christie and Jinger's kiddos after school last Friday: Brooklyn, Ben, Noah, Noah, Natalie and Elsa. We had a blast!!

whip cream hits in the mouth
Brooklyn and Kali playing dress up :)

diva...DI-VA!
 
Blessed: divinely or supremely favored.  That is the one word that comes to mind when I scroll through these pictues. I don't remember life prior to my children, or my amazing husband for that matter. I crave authenticity, it's part of my dna, and if you've read my blog for any length of time you know that. Marriage and parenthood is hard work (I actually can't stand talking to people who claim other wise), but it's the best kind of work that exists.  I am so humbled that God gave me these people, all of them, husband, babies, grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles, the whole chebang.
 
Happy spring! He is risen
 


2 comments:

  1. Such fun pictures!!! Can't get enough of the Feenstra clan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i need these pictures because I miss one of my besties!

    ReplyDelete