Monday, September 9, 2013

First Day of School 2013

What?! It's time for school already? The summer truly flew by...but in all honesty I've been itching for the routine to come back into swing for the past few weeks. We all need it.
 
Today was Brooklyn's first day of her final year of preschool. She is doing pre-k again which is m/w/f from 9-11:30. She is with a completely new group of classmates, but with one teacher from last year and one new teacher. I prayed a LOT about this decision and am excited to see how the year shapes up. I have a feeling she and I are going to grow a lot this year. 
 
Ben started his first day of preschool as well. He is in the two's class at the same school. So they will both be going the same hours on Mondays. He had a very rough morning at home, but as soon as we got to school he walked right in, hung up his back pack and off he went. He gave me a big kiss good-bye and was totally fine. I adore his teacher, teacher Kathy, and I think she is going to be a perfect fit for his personality. My favorite part was when I came back and was walking up to the school. His little class was walking in from the gym back to the school and walked right by where I was standing. I tried to slink back behind a tree for fear of how he would react if he saw me. Each little guy and gal was holding onto a ring attached to a rope. The girl in the front spotted me and started yelling "teacher, that's Benny's mom" "teacher, Benny's mom is here" "that's Ben's mom" over and over. Finally Ben looked over and saw me. He just kept walking, staring at me like he wasn't quite sure what to do or say. Finally a big smile broke across his face and he yelled "Hi mom!!" My mouth hurt from smiling so hard. 

The day was a total success. Can't believe I'll have a kindergartener and one in two days of preschool next year. The days are LONG...the years truly are short.


No comments:

Post a Comment