Sunday, May 25, 2014

Levi James Feenstra: The Birth Story

Levi James made his debut on April 6th, at 9:57pm, weighing just under 7.2 lbs and 20" long. My induction went fantastic. I went from 4cm to 9 in a matter of 3 hours and from 9 to 10 in about 30 min and I only pushed twice and he was safely in my arms. 
 
He is a fabulous eater. Sleep is decent, and Brooklyn and Ben are madly in love with him.
 
His nick names currently include "nugget", "little man" and "LJ".
 
Brooklyn full on talks to him in baby talk and it cracks me up. She wants to be a little mama to him and she does a pretty terrific job at it. She does get a little over confident from time to time and attempts to throw him up on her shoulder like I do when I burp him. She has been so eager to stand up and hold him (in her mind I think that is the epitome of "big girl status").
 
We are all adjusting to our new roles and the juggling of having one more person to care for. Here are the pictures from his delivery and the first week following his birth. What a total joy he is. He truly completes our family, he is the missing piece that we didn't even realize was missing.
 

 































2 comments:

  1. Love every pic!!! and how do you always find the best lighting for your face... even in candids?

    Beautiful family, beautiful babies. So much love!! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this. brought tears to my eyes. and no one should look this good before/while/after giving birth.

    ReplyDelete