Brooklyn would periodically stop the class and say "hey, guys! watch me!!" I just snickered because that is totally who she is. She loves to have people's undivided attention, loves being in the center of things. She also talks NON stop most of the time these days. The greatest piece of advice I was given was to never tell her to stop talking or show annoyance with it, as that is the quickest way to squelch her spirit. Let's face it, girls like to talk. I know that first hand :) So I have been working very hard at that.
When we got home from all our activities yesterday Ben needed to nurse and Brooklyn had to go potty. So, I'm on the couch nursing and she's in the bathroom. I hear her say "this kid is driving me crazy". I knew exactly what that meant. She was referencing the book "I'll love you forever, like you for always" where the 2 year old unravels all the tp and his mom yells "this kid is driving me crazy". Ugh. Then she says "nothing mom, I just made a mess". I go back to find the entire roll of tp wadded up on the floor. Oh well. So, we are then in the hall getting her clothes back on for nap time when she turns around, lifts ben off the floor by the neck as high as she can and then drops him, his head slams down against the wall. I'm only sharing this because I want to remember these moments in addition to the great ones. It's not all play dates and dance classes. It's me, by myself all day long raising HUMAN BEINGS. How did I qualify for that job?? I wish I could say I handled the incident with complete grace and proper discipline, but that would be a lie. I do know she will not do that again, I just wish discipline in situations like that didn't hurt me more than her.
On a lighter note, we have really nice neighbors across the street. They have two teenage daughters, McKenzie and Alyssa. Brooklyn loves McKenzie, but she thinks her name is miss kenzie. So funny. She also doesn't understand that they live across the street. When we pull up or she see's them pull up she says "hey, those guys are back!" Never a dull moment. ever.
you are such a good mommy to b&b.. they are lucky to have you! i think you handled the situation quite well! also, LOVE the story about the neighbors and brooklyn thinking "those guys are back"... hahaha! she makes me smile!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the black and white pic. And I love all your mommmy stories. Precious... every one of them.
ReplyDeleteI can only imagine the crazy things you must see everyday having a toddler and infant together 24/7. You really do have so much patience and grace, regardless of what you say!
ReplyDeleteLauren, that anonymous comment is from me (Megan Thurmond)! I can't post a comment when I'm logged in, for some strange reason!!! Ugh.
ReplyDelete