Some re-caps from the past few weeks:
Brooklyn is still absolutely loving school! It just warms my heart so much. She is super into halloween this year, like the decorations and pumpkins and all that stuff. We haven't figured out exactly what she will be yet, but whatever it is, I can assure you it will involve a dress of some sort. Our neighbor across the street has this witch that lights up and she talks about that (and witches in general) all the time. "I don't like witches mom, but only good witches".
Ben has entered that stage where he HATES to have his diaper changed. He twists and turns and kicks and screams. It's a lot of fun :)
Matt was changing his diaper on Sunday and I hear him from the other room trying to reason with him "Ben, come on, just hold still, this shouldn't be this hard!" Brooklyn runs up to him and says "don't you ever, never talk to Benjamin like that. Don't talk mean to my brudder!". Matt handled it so well. He calmly explained that he wasn't talking mean to him, he was just trying to get him to hold still (so as not to get poop all over the carpet) and he praised her for looking out for her brother. Serious bond there.
I walked in yesterday to see brooklyn's face smashed up agains ben's and I said "what are you doing?" brooklyn responded "we're having a marrying kiss!", to which I responded "we don't kiss anyone with a marrying kiss" and b said "ok, come here ben, I'll give you a dog kiss!". She just cracks me up...all the time. She loves to kiss passionately. I would be lying if I said it didn't terrify me. The fact that she calls it a marrying kiss, tells me she understands the difference between a normal kiss and a kiss between married people. Ack! How can a three year old get that? At any rate, we are treating it very delicately, don't want her to feel like she can't express her love and affection, but also don't want her to think she can open mouth kiss anyone she wants :) These are the times I wish I had a manual.
It's been a rough month as far as teeth and colds. Ben's been cutting teeth for what seems like forever, two more just came through in the past week. Poor guy has the same immune system his sister had, he has this cold that won't go away. He is crawling everywhere, and is starting to walk himself along the furniture. I think we may have a walker by one year.
Matt has been working like a dog. Lot's going on at work and school. Hopefully by the end of the month things will have slowed a bit. We are just thankful for all the opportunities and doors God has opened and continues to open. It's craziness right now (and will be until school is done) but even if he wasn't in grad school full time, it would still be craziness. Right? I always justify the hard moments with "well, he's not missing out on a whole lot right now" which is only partially true, but it will all be done and over before sports and homework start.
We made a spur of the moment trip to Canon Beach two weekends ago. Went to Mo's for lunch, attempted to play in the sand (it was very windy), played at the park, picked out some tasty candy and made some memories.
Cute pictures! how cute is Brooklyn's comment about her brudder?!! love it.
ReplyDeletelove the sand video! and I love the brooklyn-isms. and i love that we get to blog about all this so we can one day share this with the kids as they get older!!!!
ReplyDeletelove the vid! love all the stories :) :)
ReplyDelete