He is definitely more of a toddler than he is a newborn. He is cruising along the furniture like a mad man, definitely showing signs of wanting to walk, just not quite there. I think that's where some of his frustration and whininess comes from, his desire to be fully mobile, able to keep up with his sister, and his in-ability to do it!
He is also down to nursing 1-2x a day. We're just about done. So bitter sweet. I have loved nursing, even through the difficult time of him refusing to take a bottle, I still adored it. Side note, now he takes a bottle like it's nothing.
He eats like nobodies business! This kid can eat, and eat, and eat. He loves raspberries, cheesy eggs, crackers, spaghetti, black beans, yogurt. He doesn't seem to like chicken...unless it's covered in bread crumbs or deep fried in a nugget form.
He is such a lovey baby. He is a mama's boy, BIG time, but such a love. I can't wait to see his personality continue to develop. He already shows more interest in the traditional "boy" toys, like the few cars we have or balls.
Brooklyn continues to crack us up daily with the things she says. She is so articulate it really blows me away. Some of these are things I've been writing down and saving over the past several months.
Playing in the pool in our backyard, Brooklyn looks at me and says "Benny has a curly bottom!". Meaning his boy parts. Hahahah.
This morning we had music on the tv and lady atabellum came on. There was a picture of the lead singers and B told me that the lady in the picture was the man's wife. I smiled and casually asked "what does wife mean?" she responds "wife means that she's happy".
Last night while drying herself from a bath she looked down at her nipples, looked up at me, looked down again, then up at me and said "mom, where are you nibbles". I sent matt a text telling him what she said, to which he replied "either in your shirt or the pantry". Ha!
She wandered into the kitchen and said to me "mom, what can I do when I grow up?"
Benny was hysterically crying when we got in the car to leave church a few weeks back, so brooklyn handed her blanket over and said "here benny, you can have this" matt and i looked at each other just beaming with pride. She is VERY possessive of her blanket, so the sacrifice was big in the world of a 3 year old.
| benny at the park |
| cutest dinosaur ever |
| I was playing around with costumes yesterday |
Haha! How many costumes does he have!? What a sweetheart.
ReplyDeleteI hope I get to see you guys soon! I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!
11 months?! feels like just yesterday we were eagerly awaiting your arrival to find out if you were a he or she! we love you benny-boo!!! xoxox
ReplyDeletewow, that went so fast. I hate that!! : ) He is such a cutie pie.
ReplyDeletei want to cry! love this post. is benny going to wear that to brae's party? i was thinking about him the other day and remembering laying in bed while you were in the hospital, just waiting for matt to text us the news of whether we were expecting a boy or girl! and oh the joy when he was a "he"! And what can I say about little miss b?! Brae is getting more articulate too, but nothing like his sister friend! think of all the things that she THINKS but can't yet say..!
ReplyDelete