The morning started a little earlier than planned, Benny woke up in hysterics at 4:10am and did not want to go back to sleep...so we left a little earlier than planned since he couldn't have anything to drink. I wanted to keep him distracted.
We got to the hospital, checked in and then I just let him wander around. There was a big fish tank that he was quite taken with. We waited for about an hour and then headed back to the room where we...yup, waited a little more :) Thankfully the staff was quite taken with him, so we just lapped the pre-op area for a while.
Then the dr and anesthesiologist arrived, gave me the run down and then our nurse Taco, yes, his name was Taco, gave Benny his "relaxation juice" which was hilarious. He was so totally rummy. He kept trying to lift up his head and then his eyes would roll back in his head and he'd start giggling.
He woke up rather quickly from the anesthesia and was TICKED. So, the nurse rushed as quickly as she could to get the iv out, bandage him up, get some juice in him and then I carefully diapered, dressed and got him and he fell asleep on my shoulder. I had a bottle all ready to go in the car, which he gladly took, and then I looked back on the drive to see this:
Sweet baby boy. So proud of him! We're now home safe and sound and he's been asleep ever since.
I am so proud of my little grandson for being such a trooper! Let's hope the whole weekend goes as smoothly!? Also proud of his awesome parents. Love, Mimi
ReplyDeleteYup. That's about how Brae's anesthesia experience went. GOOOO benny!
ReplyDeleteAwe, buddy - how hard is it to see our sweet littles like that? You're a strong mama!!
ReplyDelete