Tuesday, April 17, 2012

running dates


Matt and I went for an 8 miler together on Sunday afternoon. I wasn't really in the mood for it, but the sun was shining, Chuck & Lisa were gracious enough to take the kiddos and we had a killer route mapped (down along the river), so I got in the mood rather quickly.

My favorite part of running these days is Matt. If you have never run as a couple I highly recommend it. We usually start out listening to our music and run side by side, then towards the middle of the run we each take a head phone bud out and talk the remainder. Sun+ endorphins + un-interrupted time + best friend = great meaningful conversation. I truly wouldn't trade this time together for anything, and one of the best parts...we don't spend a dime! Cheapest date ever :)

Some of the clearest thoughts in my head come to me when I'm running. I wish there was some way I could get those thoughts on paper or in the notes section of my phone. Things I came up with:
  1. I should start writing/mailing notes to loved ones more often
  2. Plan a spontaneous picnic on the next sunny evening
  3. Start meal planning for the month rather than each week
So random, but SO good for me to just think about NOTHING, just whatever comes into my head.

My first half marathon of the year is right around the corner, so training is in full swing. I'm still on the fence about joining Matt for the Portland full in October. My head says no, my heart says go for it. What's the worst that could happen- walk part of it. I'm going to see how I feel after next months race.

Love this
xo
Lauren

3 comments:

  1. Running together is one of my favorite activities with Travis too. It really is the best. Unfortunately, after years of running and wear and tear to my body, I can only manage about 3 miles before my knees give out. God, how old am I?? Anyway... Nothing beats a little recreational companionship :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are SO right. Running together is the very best. We don't do it enough anymore... I am motivated to start joining Nick asap now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your post and i love you both. great picture up top.

    ReplyDelete