Matt and I just got back (well, a week ago) from our long planned for vacation to Cabo San Lucas.
Many thanks to the team that made it all happen, my mom and dad, Matt's mom Cris and sister Bethany. I don't think I could have gone had I not had complete peace that our kiddos were in the second best hands to our own. I ached to get home to them, but tried my hardest (per my dear friend Erin's advice) to not wish it away, because life would return to normal and I would long for the warm weather, sand in my toes and intimate conversations with Matt once we were home.
So, we ate, drank, laid in the sun, walked, worked out, slept in, ate some more and repeat. It was heavenly. I realized how much I was in need of the time with Matt more than the time away itself. We hadn't had more than one night, 24 hours, alone since Brooklyn was born...going on four years. That is too long.
My babies had the time of their lives. No, seriously. Came home to find two spoiled rotten children (in the best sense of the words). All was well, and we were extra blessed to have Matt home with us for four days after that! So it was just a fantastic week all around.
Here are a few pics from the trip.
OW OW! You wore the dress and looked hot!!
ReplyDeleteYou look awesome in the dress. I saw that on facebook and thought wow hot mama!!! Glad you got away and had fun. Looks like a beautiful spot.
ReplyDeleteit was so much fun! xoxoxo
ReplyDeletewow i feel very honored that i was quoted in your post :) so glad you had such a great time - and so glad you are back! you rocked the beautiful sexy clothes - and isn't it crazy how quickly life gets back to normal?! xo
ReplyDelete