Wednesday, January 9, 2013

So much new to report

Let's see...where to even begin. I still need to post all my Christmas pictures.

Ben is officially POTTY TRAINED. I truly wasn't thinking we were even close to ready. not.even.close.

A few friends had potty trained their girls a few weeks prior and I was so envious of the diaper less lives they were leading, but more than anything that they were THROUGH it. Getting through potty training is the hardest part.

Well, ironically a few days prior to Christmas Ben said to me "need to go potty" and I kind of laughed it off, but decided to bring the potty chair in again because hey, why not. So he ripped his diaper off, walked over, sat down like and old pro and blammo, peed in the potty! Brooklyn and I were jumping up and down clapping for him like his own personal Dallas cowboy cheerleaders, doing high kicks and all :) He must have taken a liking to all the attention because he went in the potty four more times in the next two days. I still wasn't really sure this was going to take, so I decided to wait til after Christmas when he had his new Thomas the Tank Engine underwear Santa brought him and then we'd feel it out again.

He must have really been ready. He did amazing. I didn't even read the three day potty training guide I used with Brooklyn, no salty foods, no pushing of the fluids, just bought pull ups and put underwear on him every day. Day 1, he rocked, day 2 he had a TON of accidents, day 3 he did pretty good, day 4...DONE! I carried a spare pair with me in my purse for the first ten days or so, but don't need to anymore. We're fully trained!!! I'm one proud mama. Mainly because just like when we found out we were pregnant with this mischievous boy, he surprised us again with his own time table.

I came down with the flu last Thursday, suffered through it while Matt held the fort down over the weekend, and both babies woke up Sunday morning with really high fevers and now (Wed eve) they are both still hacking and lethargic. Pretty miserable.

The other new news, which most already know, but thought I'd make an official announcement. I have a new career endeavor. I have been taking Barre3 classes barre3.com for a year, and one month in I knew I wanted to become an instructor. So, over the summer I auditioned for the training program, went through my weekend intensive the first weekend in November, began teaching my family and friends classes, then on to what they call "community free" classes, taught to actual clients but just more practice for me. Now, I am officially one month in to being a certified, paid, bonified instructor. I am loving it. Finding balance between teaching at all three studios, sometimes taking the kids with me, sometimes needing child care, and then emergency situations arising and needing to find a last second sub has been a huge adjustment. I am finally as of this week really feeling like it's all starting to "click". I am absolutely LOVING teaching. I love the format, the clients, the energy, the comradery and the fact that I get to connect and help women achieve their fitness goals and go deeper into their bodies. This past year has been one of real transformation for me in the fitness aspect. I feel so blessed that I have had the chance to re-connect with the athlete that got pushed out from all my miscarriages and pregnancies for fear of disruption.

Matt and I are doing (through barre3) a challenge that is put on every January called "28 to great". It's clean eating with menu's to follow, no preservatives, gluten,dairy, pasta/bread, alcohol, sugar free diet. Coupled with the challenge of working out 6x week (preferably doing a significant amount of barre classes and cardio). We are 3 days in and I already feel big changes. I was starving yesterday evening, so I realized I need to add one more wholesome snack during my day. I'm feeling more energized and definitely slimmer already. I'll update a few more times along the way. The biggest "give up" far and away is the dessert for me. I had to force myself to come to bed at like 8 last night so I didn't stare longingly at the kitchen, tempted to grab a handful of m&m's or whatever sweet fix I could find :)

Update on both kids coming soon! Happy new year!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous ben is potty trained. I keep waiting for that day that Canon just decides he's ready. We've tested the water here and there but I don't think he's quite there yet and I don't want to push it until he's ready.

    ReplyDelete