Tuesday, May 31, 2011

stats

Ben is 6 months old! Half a year...where did that go?!Length: 27 1/2 inches long 85%
Weight: 16lb 8 oz  30%
Head circumference: 90% (he is a feenstra ;)
So, looks like he didn't gain much weight, it all went to his length! The dr said he looks great, so not to worry about the weight.

He is now officially sitting up. Eating solids galore. He has a pension for sweet potato and apple, but will eat anything. So far I've made broccoli, peas, plums, carrot, sweet potato, squash, apple and banana. He has the best laugh, it's like a squeaky wheeze. It makes me laugh every time he does. He continues to be a very easy going, happy little boy. He loves to grab my face with both his hands and give big open mouth kisses. He is working on holding the sippy cup, still no bottle, but is already showing less and less interest in nursing since we started the solids. Sleeping is going so much better. He goes down between 7-7:30 and doesn't wake up to nurse until 3-4am.

Brooklyn is 2 yrs and 9 months...3 months shy of THREE! Wowza's.

She can spell her name, can count to 30, can identify every letter in the alphabet (except Q & R), loves to tell people that her birthday is August 28th.

Funny brooklynism: we went to a birthday party last sunday. There were 5 or so little girls her age, but she didn't know any of them...at first. She walked right up to all of them and introduced herself "hi, my name's brooklyn, I'm 2 1/2". There is really nothing funnier then watching 2 year old "getting to know each other". There is no easing into conversation, ice breakers or hand shakes. It's a declaration of name, age, perhaps identification of a sibling or parent and then jumping right into a game of some sort. My child is bossy. She was ordering all the other kids around, telling them what they were in the make believe game i.e. pirates, princess, etc.

She disappeared into the house and emerged about 5 minutes later- in an entirely different outfit. She had discovered Paytons (the 5 year old of the house we were at) dress up box. She came charging through the back door in a full on leotard/tutu (on backwards so that both nipples were exposed) and a pair of high heels. I wish I had Matt's face on video. He was dying! It was absolutely priceless. She comes out and declares at the top of her lungs "I look so good!"

As we drove home from the party I could see matt was still thinking about it. He said very casually "no one elses' kid had a wardrobe change, she's like lady gaga". I have since laughed about 80x over that.

Brooklyn memorized her first bible verse, Matthew 7:7. Very proud of herself.

Lot's more updates to come! I have been without a computer since Friday, so soon!! We are officially in our new house though :)

4 comments:

  1. no one elses' kid had a wardrobe change, she's like lady gaga.

    HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. laughed out loud throughout this whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nick and I just burst out reading this entire post! So, so funny!

    ReplyDelete