Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Ben: mystery solved

Went to the dr, benny has roseola. It's a virus that generally starts with a high fever, extreme fussiness and ends in a rash. Check, check, check. He's over the worst of it and the rash should clear up in 1-3 days. I'm so thankful this is all over. I will keep this all tucked away in the recesses of my mind the next time he get's sick and has a freakishly high fever. Brooklyn has always been similar- prone to really high temps when she's sick.

I have to add that I was floored with the level of care we got at the hospital, peds office and phone calls while we were home. A nurse from the ER called to check in on him, his pediatrician called to check in on him, as well as the ER dr that took care of him. wow.

Thank you all for your prayers and support. I feel blessed that this was the outcome. Mom, thanks for bringing a delicious dinner.

Now, I need some suggestions on how to make up for the 'non' fathers day we had for matt's birthday which is friday. My poor brain is only working at 50% right now ;)
Matt said he looks like a little old man

3 comments:

  1. poor Ben. that looks awful. I am pretty sure E had that one time. Hope he is doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so glad i read this AFTER i saw you yesterday. otherwise, i'd be worried sick.
    can't wait to see you sunday. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor little guy :( I'm so relieved to hear that he's okay and this virus is leaving Ben's body and your home shortly. Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete