Monday, October 10, 2011

two weeks til go time

Matt and I have continued to train for our half marathon in hood river, which is coming up FAST. It's on Sunday the 23rd...two weeks. Yikes.

We went on our longest together yesterday (thank you tete for watching the rug rats). 10.5 miles! It's been really great to run together, I mean come on, how often these days do we get to be together with the opportunity to talk un-interrupted for and hour and a half?! Not to mention, having someone to distract/encourage you on runs that long is awesome! I am so thankful I talked him into doing this with me. We've been through so much together...a puny half marathon is going to pale in comparison :) But it's sure going to feel good when it's all done!!

he smoked me at the end (but hey, his leg's are longer)

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Feenstras!! That's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so proud of you guys! this is a great bonding opportunity. for us, i run alone and tygh goes to the gym. what does that say about us? ha ha.

    ReplyDelete